After School STEM Academy: Volunteers
Curriculum: Light up the night: An Electrical Engineering Challenge. In this unit, students will learn about electrical circuits by investigating different materials that allow electricity to move through them. As most of the materials are electrical or battery based, a classroom setting is recommended.
Spring 2022 Facilitators: Log in below to access curriculum resources! (Password Protected)
The goal of the Virtual After School STEM Academy is to give students exposure to industry professionals, to learn about STEM careers and career pathways, and to engage in fun, hands-on learning that helps build 21st Century skills. Each session is facilitated by STEM industry volunteers, with support from a classroom host who volunteers to coordinate the class.
- Sign-up for a session (1.5 hours per week)
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Facilitate sessions with students each week
- Volunteers will be placed in teams of 2-3 whenever possible
- During the sessions, the school host will be present to help with technical support, student management, and to support the industry volunteers who facilitate the activities.
Questions? Contact Kyleigh Sapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.